Air Conditioning Routine Maintenance
provided by HSA Home Warranty
- Check your filters every month for efficient system operation. Clean or replace as needed.
- Hire a professional to perform an annual system maintenance service one month before the cooling season begins. Other parts of your air conditioning system, including the water drain and the outside condenser unit, need to be cleaned and checked as well.
- Keep the condensing unit free of any debris. Keep plants and shrubs trimmed near the condensing unit to facilitate proper air flow and circulation.
- Using a fine comb, straighten any bent condensing unit fins.
- Make sure registers are not blocked by furniture, drapes, or carpet.
- Check filters every month.
- Keep outdoor unit clean and free of debris.
- Check insulation - replace if it has fallen off of feed lines.
- Create shade for the outdoor unit.
Common Problems: Solved.
- Check to make sure the area around the exterior condensing unit is clear of leaves, bushes, or any other obstructions. This ensures adequate airflow.
- Check air filter. Clean or replace as needed.
- Create shade for the unit. This also serves as an energy saver!
- Secure the insulation firmly to the large line (suction line). Replace any worn-out insulation.
Are regular air conditioner check-ups worthwhile?
We recommend annual air conditioning check-ups in the spring, as well as furnace check-ups every fall. Although check-ups will not guarantee that a unit will work perfectly throughout the season, getting your system inspected will reveal most small problems that could lead to bigger, more expensive problems if left unattended.
- Proper refrigerant (Freon) levels. If a low level is found, the leak must be found and repaired before adding more Freon.
- All electrical components and controls.
- Clean evaporator and condenser coils, if needed.
- Oil motors as needed.
- Calibrate thermostat.
For more great home maintenance tips subscribe to our monthly newsletter: Subscribe Here
Share This Post
|Previous Post||Next Post|